Sep 25, 2012

Enchanted Glade - Part 1

I recently had to work on a full page illustration for a RPG, since I had enough time I decided to do the whole thing with acrylics.

I thought I could share my process in a series of posts, let's begin with the first step, thumbnails!

The idea was to create a fountain in the middle of a forest glade, it's a very vague description so I decided to add something to it.

I thought it would be interesting to add a naked figure as a statue in the fountain, that gives the viewer something to relate to and adds some narrative too, it could be the statue of a nymph or something similar that dwells in the forest.


After finishing these I thought that maybe they were all to similar, I decided to mix things up a little more in the sketch phase. I'll show those in the next post.

fgaona@felipegaona.com
felipegaona.com

No comments:

Post a Comment